Amarillo adult chat cam
The tornado touched down southwest of Amarillo, near the town of Hereford, then tracked it's way Northward, on a collision course with Amarillo.
The Palo Duro Canyon State Park, a protected nature preserve, is the perfect place for a family outing.Amarillo operates one of the largest meat-packing areas in the United States.Pantex, the only nuclear weapons assembly and disassembly facility in the country, is also a major employer. Large ranches exist in the Amarillo area: among others, the defunct XIT Ranch and the still functioning JA Ranch founded in 1877 by Charles Goodnight and John George Adair. Berry established a site for a town after he chose a well-watered section along the way of the Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad, which had begun building across the Texas Panhandle.Route 66 Historic District The world-famous Route 66 Historic District passes through Amarillo, offering visitors a taste of the classic, traveling western spirit.For shoppers, Route 66 (located on what is now sixth avenue) has so many antique stores that part of the road is nicknamed “antique row.” Seek out Sixth Street Antique Mall for rare vintage items.Amarillo was hit by the Dust Bowl and entered an economic depression. World War II led the establishment of Amarillo Army Air Field in east Amarillo and the nearby Pantex Army Ordnance Plant, which produced bombs and ammunition.
After the end of the war, both of the facilities were closed.
Early residents originally pronounced the city's name more similar to the Spanish pronunciation and his business partner Joseph F.
Glidden began buying land to the east to move Amarillo after arguing that Berry's site was on low ground and would flood during rainstorms.
It ripped through Amarillo's most densely populated areas, demolishing almost half of the city, causing catastrophic damage, and loss of life.
In 1951, the army air base was reactivated as Amarillo Air Force Base and expanded to accommodate a Strategic Air Command B-52 Stratofortress wing.
Sanborn also offered to trade lots in the new location to businesses in the original city's site and help with the expense of moving to new buildings.